This meal is perfect for any time of the year, but it does have a summer feel to it. After all, chicken is in its prime season in Spring/Summer. If you are like me, and you tend to crave tasty, crispy chicken every so often, this chicken recipe is for you. The chicken is juicy, crispy, and flavorful. It will not disappoint.
If you make this chicken, I urge you to prepare the quick and simple sides I included in the notes. Your mouth will appreciate the variety of texture and flavors from the crispy chicken, creamy hummus, chewy naan bread (or pita bread), cold tzatziki sauce, and crunchy vegetables. It’s a wonderful experience.
This meal was also created for sharing family-style at the table. While you are at the table, go ahead and argue about who will get the last piece of crispy chicken or naan bread, reach over each other and be playful at the table. It makes for a great family or friends gathering. I made this meal for my husband and his brother, and we had a wonderful time sharing it at the table altogether. They agreed it was a tasty and delightful meal.
Crispy Baked Chicken with Warm Hummus Platter
- Sheet Pan
- 4 skin on chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sumac optional
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of half of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Take chicken thighs out of the package. Pat excess liquid away with a paper towel. Place on a sheet pan.Put salt and pepper and all six seasonings on chicken. Drizzle with olive oil, then rub the seasoning into the chicken with hands. Top with lemon zest.
- Place chicken in the preheated oven. Bake at 425F for 20-25 min. Chicken is done when the juices run clear after being poked with a fork. Take chicken out and let rest while you heat up the hummus and naan bread.
- tabouli salad
- tzatziki sauce
- naan bread (or pita bread)
- large greek green olives
- 1 piece naan bread (or pita bread)
- 1 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- Good quality olive oil
- Directions: Place naan bread on sheet pan. Placed chopped garlic and olive oil on naan bread. Place in oven. Heat for 4 minutes, or until warm.
- ½ to 1 cup of hummus
- ¼ cup Good quality olive oil
- ⅔ cup Large greek green olives
- Directions: Place hummus in a glass shallow dish. Top with olives and olive oil. Place in oven. Heat for 4 minutes, or until warm.
- (Or any other veggies of your choice)
- Chop veggies and place on a serving platter.
Bring all platters and dishes to the table. Serve it family style and enjoy the meal with your loved ones. Dip the naan bread and veggies into the hummus. Homemade Tzatziki sauce:
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1-2 TBSP chopped fresh mint (or dill)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Squeeze of 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 cup full fat plain yogurt or you can use kefir, sour cream, or a mix or either one.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, put in fridge until dinner time. Serve cold. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. Let me know if you do try it, I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time.
Enjoy your food, eat local, eat what you crave, and enjoy life!
– Esther Curry